The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of everyday. It doesn't matter how old we are, what we've done, or how much money we have. Our journey is a personal one-full of lessons and reasons to be happy. When we stop comparing ourselves to others and realize how full our lives are, we can appreciate our individual value.
It's important to value the journey, wherever you are in life. Here are some ways to be satisfied-happy, even-with how things are unfolding:
1. SHOW GRATITUDE - Find something every single day that you're thankful for. Big or small, it all matters. Tell people how much you appreciate them. Gratitude boosts our ratio by helping us experience more positive emotions such as optimism, enthusiasm, love, joy, and happiness, while protecting us from the destructive emotions of envy, greed, bitterness, and resentment. Improve our self-esteem. Gratitude makes you aware of the good other people do for you.
2. BE COMMITTED - Set your goals and stick with them. They may need some adjusting along the way, but you'll keep your eye on the prize. Setting goals for yourself is a way to fuel your ambition. Goal setting isn't just about creating a plan for your life and holding yourself accountable, its also about giving us the inspiration necessary to aim for things we never thought possible.
3. CHERISH YOUR FRIENDS - Be around people who love you, not your success. One of the things that makes life so fulfilling, is the people we encounter and build relationships with along the way. The right people will motivate you to become the absolute best version of yourself, without changing who you really are…just by being around you. The right people will be pursuing their own dreams and therefore believe it is possible – so they will encourage you to follow your own; even if they don’t have to say anything to do it. The right people will be standing next to you not only on the sunny days, but also on the rainy days. In fact, they’ll be the ones holding the umbrella over you. It’s not just about finding the right people to be around – it’s also about BEING the right person to be around.
4. BE TEACHABLE - Developing a teachable attitude should be at the top of your self-development plan because everything else is directly related to how teachable you are, how open you are to new information. You cannot grow if you are not willing to change, to accept new perspectives on life or to change your habits.
5. DON'T MULTITASK - Multitasking reduces your efficiency and performance because your brain can only focus on one thing at a time. When you try to do two things at once, your brain lacks the capacity to perform both tasks successfully. Trying to do more than one thing at once causes burnout and keeps you from focusing on the present.
6. BALANCE YOUR LIFE - Maintaining a balanced life is important for your personal health and well-being in this fast-paced, modern world. Sustaining a balanced diet, alongside personal fitness, can help improve and stabilize your overall health and wellbeing.
7. TRAVEL - Traveling Improves Your Health. From cutting down on stress, to lowering your chances of developing a heart disease, the health benefits of traveling are huge. You may stay sitting on a chair all day long at the workplace: including some walking to your trip is sure to make your body feel better.
Every phase of life has benefits. Make the most of where you are today and ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.” ― Maya Angelou